• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AcEmAsTr

ok i know its in the wrong section but which is the better overclocker?

i will have a 1.5 P4 and an 1800+ agoia 9

i urgently need to know which is better

you give no stepping info for the pentium, but the xp1800 agoia is a good stepping i had my agioa 9 1800 running at 1825mhz, instead of stock 1533.

i would take the xp.

well.. only way to tell is to try them..

although we would know week, stepping and so on, it could be a dud, or it could be an extreme overclocker..

steppings/week codes only tell us what overclocking potential it has in general.. it's does not guarantee an o/c speed though.

I'n not trying to rub salt in anyone's wounds here, but also, don't forget the fact that clock for clock, and AMD 1800+ would kick the snot out of a 1.5 P4, and since the XP can be unlocked and completely manipulated, it will most likely be the winner in any sort of comparison. (Except mem bandwidth if the 1.5 can be outfitted with 1066)

If you were to fold, like everyone should, definitly the XP. For every day use, i would definitly go with the 1800, some say that the 1700 tbred is a nice over clocker, one of the best, guess it depends on the system. But i would definitly go with the AMD over the intel.

AcEmAsTr said:
ok i know its in the wrong section but which is the better overclocker?

I don't want to be a jerk, but if you know it is the wrong section, why did you post here?!?!?!?!

Our Moderators are volunteers and have personal lives, they have plenty of work to do in these forums jsut correcting mistakes honestly made by members who are new and do not know where they should post a question.

Please do not post a question in the wrong area intentionally.

Link to a pertinent thread

Thank you

Back