• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is dead? Mobo or CPU??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CheekyChava

I just assembled my A7N266-VM and Duron 1.3 with PC2700 generic RAM. It don't work :(

When i turn on the fans whirl up and thats about it. Theres no screen output or bleeps from the onboard speaker. It has to be one of the things above because everthing else is known to work (i doubt its the RAM 'cause if that was faulty it would bleep at startup).

Which one is it?

Paul.

First of all, I'd take everything away except the essentials..

Then by simply adding components one-by-one you should be able to figure out where the problem is..

Also try to re-seat everything.. could just be some small error somewhere..

i know it is either the CPU or the mobo but unsure which out of those two.

would a dead CPU stop any screen output?

paul.

Make sure that the FSB is set to 100, because if its at 133, then 133x13 = 1733, speed that a duron propably will not post with.

Also if its not the issue, as suggested above try to reassemble the system, if this doesn't work test the CPU in another board or another CPU in this board

test the CPU in another board or another CPU in this board

Is there any risk of damaging my other CPU in the faulty board, or damaging my other board with a faulty CPU?

I'l go check the jumpers again....:mad:

Originally posted by The Coolest <- i love you man
Make sure that the FSB is set to 100, because if its at 133, then 133x13 = 1733, speed that a duron propably will not post with.

Thanks so much, you saved me a false RMA. :D

I found that the settings in the manual are wrong, there is a sheet that corrects it, which i overlooked.

SO HAPPY.... thanks THE COOLEST!

Paul

my firend called me over to his house for somehting like this... ended up he had the monitor plugged in to the AGP card not the onboard vid... and it was set to no beeps AND the fan was in the second fan header on teh mobo so it didnt post cuz of that any ways... lolz it was kinda funny:rolleyes: glad you figured it out thanks to the coolest... i only wish my CPU was as cool as him (lolz pun intended):D

Back