• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What case is a perfect fit for the Antec prometia?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vedder323

I think im gonna bite the bullet and get this. But, I need to know what case is a perfect fit with it? Im not gonna have a 600 cooling system that looks like its from walmart.

Antec??? you mean regular. lian-lis are perfect with optional panels, and you can make a curtain around it to make it fit anything.

I am familiar with the Lian li setup. However, I was wondering about the other black and white bottom. I assumed those were Antec case mod's? Perhaps im on crack?

no they are for their own sucky cases. it can be modded or curtained very eaisily. personaly, if you have the $$$$$$$$$, i'd recomend a lian-li pc-70. it has room for a BIX in the top for a tec on the vid card, and room for a little pump in front of the pci. pots of well cooled HD space etc...

I have to agree with Bigg Seems Lian Li cases are ideal for the Prommy. There dimentions make them a bit more roomy as well. Thats always a ++

gruvin2 said:
I have to agree with Bigg Seems Lian Li cases are ideal for the Prommy. There dimentions make them a bit more roomy as well. Thats always a ++
yes, they are high quality, and have plenty of modding room.

If you need them, I have some templates for drilling the bolt holes and making the cooling bus cutout in the bottom of the case. They're small black and white GIF files. Let me know here or PM me if you decide to get it, because templates are a big help.

Doomer87 said:
How about getting a Lian-Li case AND prometia for about $400?

http://www.iceepc.com/index.htm?catalog.htm&1

Lifetime rating of 9.35 at resellerratings

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2148.html

Edit: Now that i look over the unbelievable prices, the cooling unit it just a conversion kit... so nevermind... lalalala

Hi,

how do you end up with only $400 ??? If my math is correct:

Prometeia CPU White Super cooler w/o Tower: $579
AMD or Intel CPU Kit : $ 45
Premodded Lian-li PC-65 : $199
Prometeia Aluminum Conversion Kit : $129

Total: : $952

A.

EDIT: sorry, didn't see your edit while posting this, was just to happy first with the $ 400 - then disapointed ;)

I think what he did was take the premodded lian-li pc65 and addewd that with the conversion kit which he thought was the whole unit, and thats how he gets around 400

Back