• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Help Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcortz_2000

I am seriously at wits end...
I have my new parts for less than a week now and what I iniatially thought was stable is starting to become a huge problem...

I can get my board to boot at 167FSB and then sometimes 173
Ram is suppossed to do at least 433Mhz @ cas2 but i can get it to work and then it won't, very intermittent...

I am trying to figure out if my memory is faulty or if in fact my board does not like the ram, maybe some sort of incompatibility problem between the 2...

I ran memtest86 last night for about an hour and no errors reported @ 433Mhz cas2 and then an hour later the system will not boot at that speed..

I have a feeling that my board is either faulty or does not like working with OCZ memory..
I am ready to pull my hair out....

I am willing to replace one or the other although i would rather cut my losses and sell either the ram or board and get something else...

Any help would be appreciated...

A couple of possibilities pop into mind. PSU problem and DDR3500 is not officially supported on the board. However I know of people that are running it. Your OC FSB is a pretty agressive OC. My DDR3200 is rated @400 but can't get past ~413 and be stable. I'm using Corsair - perhaps there are some guys who've tried OCZ that could help.

Also the power outlet (wall) could be an issue if it has a lot of other things on the circuit.

Back