• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Sims Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solidsnakexix

This has been bothering me for a while and I need to get it off my Chest. I dont understand how the sims can even be an online game, I mean it would be like living in a virtual suburb. Now i was never a fan of the sims, but i could see how people enjoyed that, but it doesnt really have MMO qualities, what, you buy a house, fill it with stuff and show it off to other people online? IT doesnt really click to me, how this could be published, maybe i am wrong, but what would compel Maxis to release this, i dont see this as a big fad, most MMO games have some form of interactivity between people, this would be like calling a friend and asking them to come over to your house, but virtually, I mean, it completely boggles my mind why a company would release this game, it would be like making sim city online, "hey lets visit his city today, i hear they installed a wonderful new airport." What are the creators of the game thinking, it takes a concept to be enjoyed by few, adn then tries to push it the next step, maybe if EA didnt make crap like this they would finish E&B and make it not suck. If you happen to enjoy the sims online then thats okay, i am intitled to my opinion as are you, and that is all this is my opinion, i strongly believe that this is a waste of time/money on EA's part.

-SSXIX:bang head (Make the Madness Stop.)

I'm going to have to side with you. I'm really not sure on how they could get this game to work. I've played the original Sims before and I got bored of it fairly quickly. It's hard to believe that there's a large enough market of people that would pay a monthly fee. As for the gameplay it's beyond me how it works. Maybe I could be enlightened. :)

-DarkArctic

I hear you there man never liked the sims myself im also shocked that they released an online game its like hey lets go to our virtual neightbours house its messed up man i tried the game couldnt get into it guess its an aquired taste its true though ea wastes money on dumb stuff some times but what can you do its a fad like survivor and such its basically reality games instead of reality tv :mad:

-King Zielke

There will always be people who don't read reviews before buying games. :D

i'll offer you my perspective, i have played the sims, i thought it was a good game, my girlfreind on the other hand thought it was the greatest thing. i downloaded the beta version of the online ver (not warez) and as soon as it asked for a CC my gf was put off. she was still really into it untill the game came out and the crappy reviews came in. like others we have failed to see the point of online play.

just my $0.02

Digital

I played The Sims once. It was the most awful game I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing. I'm just glad I wasn't the one who bought it.

I played the Beta version, the MMO aspects of the game: roommates: You invite people to live with you, you pool your funds together to buy better things for your house
activities: a lot of the skill increasing devices (and moneymaking) require multiple people usually 4 people
skill bonus: the more people practiciing a certain skill, the higher the rate of advancing

and then there is the aspect of chatting and just relaxing. it was fun, I'll admit, but when it came time to pay for it, it wasn't worth it to me. But I was just informing you of the "MMO" aspect of the game :) Oh, and you can freely wander around other peoples houses and use their bathrooms and sleep in their beds, lol

My g/f loves the sims... she tweaks out for hours on end playing the game... I think its a cool little niche game that some really like and some just don't understand... I bought all the expansion packs for her birthday and the game has a lot to it once all of them are added... that said she has no desire to play the online version what so ever... and never will!

EA is just doing the natural money making thing by adding the online version... the game was/is a huge success and their capitalizing on that success... I can't blame them one bit.

She keeps trying to get me to play it though, and I tried but man I got so bored with it I quickly went back to BF1942 heh.

you can, but you can't....you sim basically sits and plays, while you watch him/her play. There are money making games for 4 people to play, like a group simon says, there is one leader and three "workers" and its basic following instructions <shrug>

Back