• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The hour before "The Day Before"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Well, this game has a few years of bad history on Kickstart, I'm honestly surprised they decided to make anything at all considering it's being called a scam almost since the start? Or maybe because of it?

"Am quite proud, I lasted 69 minutes before I refunded, review later tonight." ⇾ "Review coming soon"

"The Day Before Is An Absolute Disaster" ⇾ What can you do? Even if we ignore the fact that they lied about what the game was, the game they delivered is still awful. But hey, 100s of thousands of people still bought it.

Speaking of which... What the hell is going on with Star Citizen? Do you think that game will ever actually become a thing?

I never even heard of this one...

I think most people have caught on to half of Kickstarter being a myth. Whether it's a game... or an instant taco machine... or some extremely improbable iPhone accessory... Nine times out of ten... the thing will never see the light of day.

And TEN times out of ten... it will be VERY LATE if it does.

And... as is the case here... it will probably suck.

Well, in very short form, the original gameplay video looked damned good, but there was a lot of arguments over it because it seemed rendered instead of played live or recorded. As you can guess there were a lot of months without news, sometimes something new popped up and this carried on for years with them always saying the game was on the way 🤷🏻‍♂️ this is what the people that gave money for it got instead of what was promised...

EDIT: found video explaining the whole thing from 10 months ago

Fresh review, there is likely quite a bit of swearing...

Last edited:
I like the idea and hope they get it right eventually. I'll probably pick up it but not until its on sale and more what its supposed to be.

Damn, here are the reviews, should've searched and posted these on OP...

Clipboard01.jpg

They got absolutely decimated immediately after it was released. Wjthin hours, thousands of negative reviews came in. So many promises of open world mmo, and it's an extraction shooter. Lul. It's a piss poor EFT (Escape from Tarkov).

Heh, yeah, that didn't go well, LOL.

What a money grab. They released it knowing it was going to fall flat on its face. That should be a crime, lol.

"It’s important to note that we didn’t take any money from the public during the development of The Day Before; there were no pre-order or crowdfunding campaigns."

Well, this is horses***, what do they call the almost 2+ million they got off Kickstarter?

@EarthDog this was a scam from the start, they only launched it so they can say in court that they tried to make the game

Not much better was with Cyberpunk 2077 :D ... after 3 years of updates, some people say it's a pretty good game ;) ... maybe give it some time ...

I thought they are shutting it down......... so no updates, no more dev.

"It's dead, Jim"
I was joking :). People at the beginning thought that CP2077 would be dead, too, when stores didn't want to sell it and Sony removed it from their store. Somehow after (hard to count how many) updates it's playable and is popular.

Big difference between both games though, Cyberpunk was forced to come out by the publicity team (forget the proper name, you know what I mean), against the wishes of the devs. These guys pulled this crap with every game they tried to launch, get money from kickstart and/or donors, drop project, rinse and repeat.

Cyberpunk was released even though devs knew it was bugged and would fail initially. The company owner (director or whoever he was) said he didn't care as they got a lot of money from pre-orders and not only. He clearly said that people will buy anything, and he doesn't care that the game is a total failure at the start. Instead of kickstarter, they pumped the budget with money from The Witcher III and added huge money from pre-orders (a lot of people got refunded later). It's not so much different if you take a closer look. In both cases, they took the money and released a poo. The main difference is that CP2077 was getting a lot of fixes/updates, and TDB was simply closed.

I definitely read that the Devs didn't want to release it because it was a buggy mess, they postponed it at least 2x beforehand, right? Meh, depends on what you read I guess. Regardless, yeah, they knew they had a good game and stuck with it and now it's been a top seller almost since it came out, last time I checked they sold ~25 million copies. I don't think there was ever a scenario where Cyberpunk was abandoned because of the huge fan base. But then again they have a history of doing good games, which is the complete opposite of Fntastic...

Make no mistake, even though TDB was a carbon copy of (a small part of) The Division down to the assets, it had potential, it could have been a good game if they actually decided to make something out of it...

It would be nice to see some company buy the rights to TDB and make the game it was supposed to be. I'd like to get a new MMO style zombie game.

Back