• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro ATX Motherboards!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rhine

Hello, I wanted to know if theres any up to date motherboards that support Micro ATX cases. The reason why I ask this is because I like to make my system compact since I move it a lot with me with trips and stuff.

And also, how many watts those all this take? Because my power supply box on can go up to 230 watts and I wanted to know if I needed something more powerful since I'm getting lots of fans. Thanks for you time and hopefully you guys could help me out here :)

Welcome to the Forum....

There are plenty of Micro ATX boards out there. I have an ASUS socket7 at home now. Check the manufacturer sites. SOYO, ABIT, ASUS, PCchips and such. You will find plent with all the features that you may be looking for.

Good luck

Thanks Samuknow but I've been looking for micro atx motherboards and all I've found is just one that isn't that great, a link to them wouldn't hurt :-D

I saw something a while back (probably a link from the front page) that showed several upcoming nForce boards... all were microATX. If the nForce is as sweet as all they hype, it'll be the Athlon mobo to have, bar none.

SickBoy

w00t! Hey SickBoy do you know where I can get the nForce? You were very vauge in your last reply :)

A micro sis board just came out...supposed to be second only to nforce..check amdmb.com

note: my original post said several **upcoming** motherboards...... like previously stated, they're not out yet. A MicroATX SIS 735 board might be worth a look.

SickBoy

I am a AMD fan so it hurts to say this but I recomend Intel for a small system. There are several reasons for this.

#1 is cooling. A C2 or P3 does not generate that much heat and a small HSF will be enough. In my portable Micro the only fan in the case besides the HSF is the one in the PSU and it runs cool.

#2 Chipsets - The integrated AMD chipsets used in micro's are dogs! At least with a Intel micro you can get an 810 or 815 chipset which preform very well.

Here is a list of what is in my Micro system.
-Inwin Micro ATX case this thing is sweet!
-250w PSU
-Biostar mobo with Intel 810 chipset(don't remember the model)
-256meg ram
-SBLive
-ATI All In Wonder (portable video capture)
-Netgear NIC
-Maxtor 40gig HD
-Pioneer DVD
-TDK 12x burner
-Zip Drive and floppy
-C533 @ 600
-Cooler Master HSF

Yes Ken I know that AMD intergrated motherboards aren't that great and the whole heating problem but this new upcoming nForce looks very promising and nVidia made the mobo and the graphics chip I think is going to be better and the sound looks even better! So I'm gonna wait until this baby comes out!

I haven't seen any alleged specs for an nForce chipsetted mainboard. AFAIK, they are still an open question. OTOH, I saw a review of the Chaintech 7SID micro-ATX mainboard that sports the SiS 735 chipset.

Whoowee! It's a winner, IMHO.

Back