• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Gaming Build For Buddy, $1,400-$1,500 Budget W/O Peripherals

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigdfootball89

Hey Everyone!

Been a while since I've checked in, Hope everyone has been well.

So I've got a build coming up for a buddy of mine who is going to be using this mainly for running COD and Fortnite ( Maybe some other modern FPS's as well)

I put this together quickly last night and just wanted yall's opinion as I've haven't been keeping up with the latest (My last rig was built in 2020)

I'm pretty sure i can cut back on this mobo in an effort to upgrade the gpu a bit as he won't be doing any OC'ing, but Let me know!

Looks good to me, really. I wouldn't go much less on the board... but if he isn't overclocking.... if that means another bump on the GPU, I'd do it for sure.

Ok cool, thanks guys!
Dropped the monitor down to 27” (honestly didn’t even realize I picked a 32” lol) so got about another $100 to spare. What’s the next step (or half step) up GPU wise?

if anything shop around for a Windows 11 Pro license. It'll be easier in the long run

Microcenter is coming to Miami soon. If you can wait, here are some bundle deals.

MicrocenterDeals.jpg

Back