• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build advice needed, $1,300.00 budget w/o peripherals.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SHE’S ALIVE!!!

Thank you ED, Trents, and Zerileous!

I took out the ssd and ram sticks and started trying them one at a time. On my first try with one stick in the first DIMM slot it posted. I had them set up originally on 2 and 4. Guess that was it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now for another question...
My ram is listed at 3200mhz, bios clocked it to 2133mhz, and now cpu-z is telling me 1066/ 1600mhz (my guess is because I set up an xmp profile in bios). I know it won’t run at the listed freq but why the discrepancies?

Also,I checked this corsair veng lpx and it is on the qvl for this board

Thanks!

IMG_5581.JPG

Neo Qube
———————————-

CPU- Intel i5 9600kf
Mobo- Asus Z390-P
Gpu- XFX 5700xt
HDD- Samsung 970 EVO 500gb
Ram- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb
AIO- CoolerMaster ML360R
PSU- EVGA 600BQ

Last edited:
Well, for two sticks, they are supposed to be in slots 2/4....... check your manual.

My ram is listed at 3200mhz, bios clocked it to 2133mhz, and now cpu-z is telling me 1066/ 1600mhz (my guess is because I set up an xmp profile in bios). I know it won’t run at the listed freq but why the discrepancies?
By default or on a change like that, the BIOS will always default to JEDEC speeds (in this case 2133). RAM is of course, DDR = DOUBLE Data Rate. So 1066 x2 = 2133. 1600 *2 = 3200.

The BIOS is updated to the latest on that board, correct?

Could you attach a CPU-z "Memory" tab pic? Want to see if you are running in single or double channel mode.

The CPU-z Memory tab will report half the memory frequency you expect since it is not reporting the Double Data Rate.

The platform default memory frequency (2133/2400) will be what your system runs in unless you manually select a higher frequency. Try selecting XMP in bios. The rated frequency for your RAM is the XMP value.

Last edited:
Well, for two sticks, they are supposed to be in slots 2/4....... check your manual.

By default or on a change like that, the BIOS will always default to JEDEC speeds (in this case 2133). RAM is of course, DDR = DOUBLE Data Rate. So 1066 x2 = 2133. 1600 *2 = 3200.

The BIOS is updated to the latest on that board, correct?

Thanks ED, yes manual says 2/4 so I switched them back. They must not have been properly seated in from the get go[emoji849]

As soon as I get my hands on a usb I’m gonna update the bios, it’s running 2417 from 2019 rn lol.

Neo Qube
———————————-

CPU- Intel i5 9600kf
Mobo- Asus Z390-P
Gpu- XFX 5700xt
AIO- CoolerMaster ML360R
PSU- EVGA 600BQ

Could you attach a CPU-z "Memory" tab pic? Want to see if you are running in single or double channel mode.

The CPU-z Memory tab will report half the memory frequency you expect since it is not reporting the Double Data Rate.

The platform default memory frequency (2133/2400) will be what your system runs in unless you manually select a higher frequency. Try selecting XMP in bios. The rated frequency for your RAM is the XMP value.

Set xmp1 in the bios, this looks right now. Thanks!

Adjustments.JPG
IMG_5922.JPG

Edit* sorry bout this double posting y’all, is there any way to reply to 2 people in 1 post on mobile?

Neo Qube
———————————-

CPU- Intel i5 9600kf
Mobo- Asus Z390-P
Gpu- XFX 5700xt
AIO- CoolerMaster ML360R
PSU- EVGA 600BQ

Back