• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C drive wont reboot...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

villham308

Registered
Hi all,

I've run into a little problem in my system recently, whenever i restart my primary master, a WD 10gb 7200rmp disk, doesnt register... but if i turn off the power and then power up again i does register?!?!

Do i need to get another c drive or is this something i can fix??

Cheers!

Willem. :cool:

thats wierd. usually its the other way around, any you can fix it by setting a hd predelay so the bios doesnt try to find the hd before its had a chance to spin up... am i correct in interpreting your post to mean that it works from a cold boot but from a warm boot it doesnt?

Assuming you are running widows, you might try running check disk with the comprehensive check active. This looks for weak sectors and can repair or mark them bad. As a last resort, you could try a reformat and reinstall of the operating system. Otherwise, the HD could be going bad.

Back