• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft XP patches not from Microsoft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

camper

Hello, could anyone tell me where i can download WinXP and Office XP SP patches with out DLing from Microsoft?
thanks

camper said:
Hello, could anyone tell me where i can download WinXP and Office XP SP patches with out DLing from Microsoft?
thanks

why can't you download them from microsoft? i personally wouldn't trust any patches that aren't from microsoft. most people don't keep them because they are so easily accessible from microsoft...

noo... I wrote that to get attention!! lol
I want the microsoft patch. I don't want to bring my big box to a friends house. He has fat connection and a burner

camper said:
noo... I wrote that to get attention!! lol
I want the microsoft patch. I don't want to bring my big box to a friends house. He has fat connection and a burner

so you're saying that you want to download all the patches at your friend's place and put them on cd then install them on your computer, right? i am not sure if it can be done though... a lot of them need to be downloaded though... parts of them are kept on the hard drive but i am not sure that you can get them on a cd... i would wait for other's responses before lugging your rig over to your friend's place. if i can be done, the guys over here know about it ;)

EDIT:well there ^ you go he beat me to it

i know you can get SP1 at least... there is an option on their site to dl it for a network where you would be installing it on a lot of computers... just get that one its pretty much teh sme thing just a file you extract and run:D as for other patches im not sure... i think you might need to just leave yoru computer conencted for a night

Redduc900 had a great tip. Write down the numbers of the patches from Windows update. You can search the Microsoft Download Center by update number. A great time saver for those of us who regularly reinstall Windows.

If you have dial up, and you want to download SP1, be ready to leave it overnight. The network version is 133 megabytes. My dial up is slow(26.4 max) so it took a very long time to get it. But it is nice to have it on a disk.

repo man11 said:
If you have dial up, and you want to download SP1, be ready to leave it overnight. The network version is 133 megabytes. My dial up is slow(26.4 max) so it took a very long time to get it. But it is nice to have it on a disk.

I'm in the same boat.......dial up:(

Fortunately, in the last couple of manths, Computer magazine cover discs here in the UK have started having XP SP1 on them. Saves a lot of downloading:)

reddeathdrinker said:

I'm in the same boat.......dial up:(

Fortunately, in the last couple of manths, Computer magazine cover discs here in the UK have started having XP SP1 on them. Saves a lot of downloading:)

that's a really good idea... i am sure there are tons of people who would love to have it on disc... i remember the agony of trying to download a new version of windows explorer with dial-up... that took practically forever!

Back