• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

avi videos players and dual monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magnus

i am new as of tonight with having dual monitors!... i have one NEC XP17 and one PanaSync S70. i am running a radeon 9500 card on them using hydravision... i have 2 questions... does anyone know how to get the start bar to go across both monitors?. and the last... i have ALOT of widescreen movies... is there any programs that can give me fullscreen on both... the best i have so far is using win media player 6.4 and putting it to 200%. then spacing it to fit... this still covers only 2/3s of ither screen... and some divx players only work on one monitor or the other... help!!!... basically i want a wide screen to cover both screens top to bottom... is there a prog that can do this?

thanks

wow, you've gotten video to stretch over two screens? that's better than I can do right now and still expect smooth playback. All the programs I've used are optomized for one screen only.

To stretch your taskbar accross your screens, you can use a program called UltraMon. Too bad you don't have a nvidia card...cause the nvidia driver has that feature built in :D

Anyways, regarding your wide screen movie, I doubt its gonna be worth it anyway with a big white vertical bar straight down the middle of the movie. Yet again, its too bad you don't have a nvidia card as this feature is also built into the driver :) It allows you to stretch any application accross various monitors.

At the moment, I have nine monitors hooked up (6 of them on the floor as I have no deskspace to arrange perfect 9.0 surround vision). It's great for flight simulators :)

9 monitors!!??!... damn... i was having fun with 2!... thanks for the link... found it a little after i posted... also for anyone reading this with the same question... the same company make a thing called videosaver... it will give you full screen with widescreen movies.. oh yah ... it will be worth it... i am taking the monitors case off and biulding a custom housing... at most will be a 1/4 inch gap... i think that is tolerable..

lazerin said:
To stretch your taskbar accross your screens, you can use a program called UltraMon. Too bad you don't have a nvidia card...cause the nvidia driver has that feature built in :D

yah, but nview sucks, imho. The only way to do what your talking about with nview is to just streatch the resolution, which places your start button and task bar on different screens, makes things maximize to BOTH screens, ect. i use ultramon too, great program. As for your video problem, i really dont know if its possible, and with the big bar down the middle between the monitors i think you would be better off just using one of them for video. Also, check out zoom player. Its the best program i have found for playing video on duel monitors, it will actually allow you to run full screen video on the second monitor and still do something on the primary.

o, and welcome to the wonderful world of duel monitors :)

WyrmMaster said:

yah, but nview sucks, imho. The only way to do what your talking about with nview is to just streatch the resolution, which places your start button and task bar on different screens, makes things maximize to BOTH screens, ect. i use ultramon too, great program. As for your video problem, i really dont know if its possible, and with the big bar down the middle between the monitors i think you would be better off just using one of them for video. Also, check out zoom player. Its the best program i have found for playing video on duel monitors, it will actually allow you to run full screen video on the second monitor and still do something on the primary.

o, and welcome to the wonderful world of duel monitors :)

nview has this option:
3e71d7c51c13cad0.jpg

Allow taskbar to span multiple monitors

Regarding my nine monitors, check out this thread.

Basically, WyrmMaster was correct. I have 4 pci geforce 2 mx400 dual displays and my ti4400.

Back