• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GF4 MX 460 with MOHAA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tw00sh

I am pretty sure this is not possible, but wanted to get some re-assurance from the forums.

There is a friend of mine at work that has a Geforce 4 MX 460 running with 512MB ram with a duron 700 or so.

He claims he can play MOHAA (Metal of Honor Allied Assult) with 4X, AA and AF with no lag?

maybe, i can play it witha radeon 7000 "32mb" ddr with with 2x AA aF, butim sure hes got more mem, and its prolyl a bit faster than mine right.

i'm sure he can. He just turned the resolution to it's lowest setting, turned off all the in-game special effects, and tweaked his video drivers for max speed/min quality. Sure, it'll run, but how good does it look?

I see plenty of folks doing that sort of thing. 'No lag' to them usually means a constant 20fps. :rolleyes:

Something else I see- folks set 4xAA, 16x aniso, etc. in the D3D tab, and then go on to play games in OpenGL, thinking they have the settings cranked all the way up.

Next time homeboy says this stuff, just smile and nod :D

I have a geforce4 mx440 (64mb ram), athlon xp 1700+, and 256 mb ram. When I turn the graphics up and run at 1280x1024, There is some lag. This is w/o AA.

many people have low standards, one kid with an mx440 go in a dell p4 laptop told me he can play UT2003 at 1600x1200 with 4X AA and 16x Aniso and that it ran beautifully with no lag.....i benched it and it got 22fps flyby and 16 botmatch....:rolleyes:

Back