• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Latest against the OCAU battle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seal

Whats happened everyone? Looks like OCAU have pulled their socks up! Theyre now starting to outproduce us by a fair bit now. Not good!!!! C'mon everyone lets get folding, if u havent already put the gromacs flag on and push those overclocks a little more!

OCAU Points Yesterday: 25,879
OC.com Points Yesterday: 23,418

:(

Seal

*edit* woohoo! i have 5 stars now :) *edit*

Tyrna do my bit here, sorting more rigs out, trying to reach our less interactive folders through my sig, to get them to check out and tune up their folding rigs. If more people put in in their sig too, we should cover everyone on the forums, not just those in the folding area.

As you may or may not already know the aussies are holding a contest of their own....so this increase was expected and not avoidable. I do believe that this increase in there production will not be sustained, and now having said that I still believe we should keep up our great work on recruitment and the adding of additional proccessors.

happy borging and recruiting

scoobiedoo

Keep adding/finding those rigs boys and girls... it's going to be a tough battle.

I just borged 18+ Ghz of P4 last weekend, but I goofed up the client.cfg file I transfered in so their not showing up yet. Problem will be fixed in the next day or so.

w00r team 32!

Wedo

P.s. Don't tell nik, Flix, or Shad. :D

ive got a friend with a p4 2.5 that runs 24/7 who im trying to convice to fold, but he doesnt want to for some reason :(
18 ghz wedo, :eek:. and what are you gonna do if flix/shad/nik read this thread :p

don't know what else to do to get some new folders in here :( it is kinda depressing to see the new member section with no new post since the 3rd :(

i am gonna add a new rig in a week or so but can't see anything else for a while...

FOLD ON
NAS

Wedo said:
Keep adding/finding those rigs boys and girls... it's going to be a tough battle.

I just borged 18+ Ghz of P4 last weekend, but I goofed up the client.cfg file I transfered in so their not showing up yet. Problem will be fixed in the next day or so.

w00r team 32!

Wedo

P.s. Don't tell nik, Flix, or Shad. :D

<insert long line of expletives here> Wedo! You borged again?? Isn't there some 12 step program or something for your issue? I was just seeing your taillights and now your gonna zoom off again..Oh well, guess I will have to content myself with overtaking Nik....

NASsoccer said:
don't know what else to do to get some new folders in here :( it is kinda depressing to see the new member section with no new post since the 3rd :(

I really think you're doing all you can Nas. The contest is great and we have a HUGE potential with the members of this site. Just not enough of them wander into the folding section I guess. I don't know how to spread the word any more than I have. :(

yeah i ahven't been producing right lately i am only getting like 350ppw but i have this comp 2.5ghz two 1600's and a 1700.......somthings wrong..

X2sandman said:
yeah i ahven't been producing right lately i am only getting like 350ppw but i have this comp 2.5ghz two 1600's and a 1700.......somthings wrong..

Something's very wrong. With a 1600+ @ 1900ish, two 1600+s @ 15xx (i forget), and a P4 2.0 and 1.5, i'm getting over 1k ppw. The Athlons are the big producers, so I imagine you should be getting much more.

Are you running the -advmethods flag?

Yeah an intro would be cool, let people know what its about. We could always convert the seti ppl :). I was converted and havent looked back since! Now, if only we could find a way to subttley infiltrate the seti forum with folding hints... ;).

Yeah another thing that put me off about folding is i did not know what it was. It took me a long time to find out. One MAJOR thing which really really annoyed me ant put me off was i posted to ask what folding was, and i just got the link to the 100 page folding FAQ on the oc.com folding website. Im not trying to say that it is ccrap or anything, just that i wanted to know pretty much in a sentence or two what folding was about. For example, seti is even explained in its title! "seti: searching for extraterrestrial intelligence". Whenever i try and get people to explain folding very simply they cant! Therefore the word about folding isnt known well because people dont know what it is and what its about. We should make a sentence long description of what folding is in simple terms. Maybe something along the lines off: "Folding: Finding cures for life threatening diseases" or something like that. If they are interested in it... THEN you can give them the link to the FAQ to read up about how you download proteins and analyse their structure using your computer power etc....

Thats why i originally started on seti, cos i knew what it was about. It wasnt untill about one month later that i looked in the folding forum and it must have been about 2 months untill i knew what it was about, because initially nobody explained simply enough what it was about so i thought "sod this i cant be bothered, just another dist. computing project" cos i couldnt be bothered to read up few pages on what it was...

If we get it into a sentence, we can put it in our sigs and people will see it and maybe click ona link on your sig to more detail... but not too much to begin with. We dont need to throw them into the deep end. I've been folding for almost half a year now and i still havent read the oc.com folding faq simply because its too long.

Seal

p.s. i dont mean to sound harsh, or to attack the oc.com folding website or its creators, its very good and informative.

well checking my rigs i discovered that my athlon 1 ghz was running without SSE :eek:
now that its fixed, its folding three times as fast...that should help :)
now to check the other rigs.
Edit:
ACK! my p4 2 ghz was disconnected from the internet :eek:. ive got it working now though. im suprised i didnt notice a huge drop in my production, but its back now.

Last edited:
yes, the -advmethods flag will use the SSE optimizations, unless F@H decides that your system is unstable, in which case it may turn them off again. If you run the -forceasm flag(only if your computer is 100% stable!), then it will always use the optimizations.

it's not to say it turns on the SSE optimization but it allows you to download and receive Gromac WU's which can take advantage of SSE optimization. Under the advanced option you can turn off SSE optimization if you want to but who in world would want to do a silly thing like that. The -Forceasm flag forces the core to engage the optimization even if the benchmark doesnt detect it.

my sigs been updated too.
according to the flog-o-meter, weve been beat for four days in a row now...but we are both producing 27k per day, about 2k up from before :eek:
does anyone have the link to the xp service installer for f@h? im thinking of talking to my schools tech people about letting me put f@h on the lab computers...that would be 30 ghz, but only part time.

I have an idea how we can contact the new members to the forums. When you get to the home page for the forums it tells you who is the newest member. It would be really good if there was one or two people to welcome them to the forums and explain to them what folding is.

I think I will be getting another 2 computers this weekend. A 1900+ and a P4, not sure what speed though. So that brings me up to a question. What is the best way to install F@H and hide it. I DEFINETELY want to run advmethods cuz it's a P4, but I'd like to put in forceasm too just in case they turn off their computer and they lose the work unit. If that's impossible I guess I'll just end up running EMIII in stealth mode.

Back