• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2100 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tainted

Registered
Im new to this whole OC thing, and have been reading the forums and guides for about a week now. one thing i keep seeing is info about unlocking cpu's, how can i identify if i need to unlock my 2100, and where can i go to get info on how its done?

Thanks

Well just in case no one has said it yet Welcome to the Forums If you are referring to a 2100+ Tbred B they come Factory unlocked, however some boards may not be able to take advantage of the multipliers, what board are you using?

-mamer

The reason for unlocking cpu's is to gain accsess to upper or lower multiplier's. You would need to download cpuz or wcpuid and see what multiplier you are @ should be 13 x 133. Then after you have downloaded the proggy go into the bios and change the multiplier to something besides 13 try 12 or 14 if it boots run wcpuid and see what the multi is @ as for unlocking you cpu there is lots of guide @ the top of this section of our forums they are sticky's.

If you cant gain access to the upper or lower mutlipliers the you will need to unlock your cpu how this is done will depend on it you have a tbred or a pally.

or try this

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161382

its a pally, i ran sandra to see what info i could get and it tells me its

Palomino 2100+
13x multi
revision steping 6/2(0)
steping mask A5

Ok have you tried to see how high of a fsb you can get now with out unlocking. Can you give some specs

ram, motherboard, power supply, cooling, etc

as for motherboard its in a MSI K7N2G
with Koolance EXOS water
Radeon 9700pro
2x 512mb CL2 3200 RAM
2 WD 120G HD's
Audigy 2 Platnum ex 6.1

my own personal super computer, in need of an overclock

well looks like your good to go

I would say see how high you can get your fsb to my guess is about 13 x 155 or maybe 160. I would also recommed unlocking the pally that way you could get a better fsb like maybe 11 x 190 instead.
You will need to check stablitity on the way up when overclocking your fsb I would suggest something like prime95 or 3dmark2001 or maybe sandra burn-in.

Things I do to make sure I'am 100% stable 24 hour's of prime, 6 hour's of 3dmark, and about an hour or 2 of memtest.

ok i was looking in the sticky threads at the top, and some say cut the l3 bridge, others say blow it with the electro trick. nothing really tells me which is right. also i dont actually see any threads on how these unlocking tricks are actually done.

i have no idea how to identify what the L3 bridge is

As for the blowing or cutting they are one in the same. When you blow or cut the L3 you are making the two not connect anymore. As for accually doing the unlocking procces I'll have to look but if you use the search button up top I'am sure you will find something that helps. I ahevn't had to unlock mine all multilpier are avalible but as for the pally's I now they dont come factory unlocked so it might take more the just cutting the L3 to gain the upper or lower multipiers

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141160

http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/xp_painting.html

Last edited:
As I recall unlocking the 2100+ palomino is a bit tougher than the standard Palominos, it will definatly require cutting some and connecting others, ask Hardass I got a 2100+ unlocked from him, he had it done by some company.

-mamer

Back