• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Detonator from MajorGeeks any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PsYcO CyBrArIaN

Just wondering whats this driver all about. It says its version 43.* and that it is not signed but they are using it flawlessly. Is there any advantage to using this driver? As well when updating a driver do I HAVE to uninstall the old one or is it just better? I am not sure that I uninstalled the last time I updated and my monitor sometimes wont come out of standby without pushing the monitors menu button on the front of itself. Just wondering if its the culprit..

Its probably a version of 4.3 or up, not sure where the detonators are right now. You should definitely uninstall the old drivers when updating.

if u don't unistall your old drivers, it can cause corruption in the registry keys. So yes, its a good idea to uninstall your old drivers befire updating and to delete the foler where they were extracted to.

Back