• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

via aqua vs. eheim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Go with the ehiem, I myself am one of many who have had problem's with via aqua pumps

Mark Larson said:
Vias aren't meant to run inline and people run them like that. Who's fault is it?

Via 1300's are made to run both inline or submersed, I have run mine both ways and am now running it inline for 7 months without so much as a hiccup, it's really been a great pump and I wouldn't hesitate buying another.:)

-mamer

Mark Larson said:
Vias aren't meant to run inline and people run them like that. Who's fault is it?

Vendor's sell via aqua pumps as being inline pumps, can you blame the buyers for thinking they are?

mamer said:
Via 1300's are made to run both inline or submersed, I have run mine both ways and am now running it inline for 7 months without so much as a hiccup, it's really been a great pump and I wouldn't hesitate buying another.:)
The box and manual says otherwise.

Mark Larson said:

The box and manual says otherwise.
They say otherwise????
i have the box.. doesn't say anything.. i think
vender never sent manual.
Can u not run it inline because of the heat??
mine gets kinda warm..., but from the design of the inside of the pump, i don't see how inline could do anything except for some pressure issues... pump isn't strong enough to accutally show the pressure issues.. you guys can correct me if my wrong, i tend to blab on from stupidity..

If you look closely at the pics it is obvious that with both inlet and outlet barbs mounted in can be run either way, I emailed them and asked what the companies opinion is, I am interested in what they say, however I can only come to the conclusion that with barbs provided it can be safely run either way, my system is proof.

-mamer
pumpimg2[1].jpg

Last edited:
I haven't looked at my box and manual in a long time, but it believe it doesn't say NOT to run them inline. There also the threaded inlet, that would lead someone to believe it is capable of being run inline.

Unfortunetly, we all are not as "l33t" as you (you were born "l33t!!!1111!!1")

ViaAqua.jpg

There's a scan of my manual, guess what's number one on their mind...
The inlet and outlet aren't necessarily threaded for hosebarbs, there are a buttload of parts that mine came with for the aquarium use it was meant for. It's the vendor's that are puting the barbs on 'em.

I like mine, but it's submerged in my reservior.

*and by the way, that's a composite picture, they state it twice in the manual.

LOL... acctually u might have a point
via aqua is smaller then a 350~400gph pump and uses more or the same ammount of watts.
So if its a heating issue, then my senfu radiator should be able to handle the heat problem I think the only problem would be running it dry. its like the processor choices a few years ago. A steaming cheap thunderbird or a nice cool expensive intel p3.

don't remember seeing athlon, everyone had an overclocked thunderbird. Plus i didn't want slot, because i had a socket waterblock

Back