• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Integrated graphics?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rollins II

Hello,

Im building a bedroom computer of spare parts I have laying around. I need cpu + mobo + vga. To cut costs I was thinkg about buying a mobo with integrated graphics, but it has to have an AGP port and DDR memory.

I have two options: Asus A7N266-VM (nforce 220D) or MSI KM2M (via KM266).

Which one of these two do you think have the best gaming performance?

just...one question

if your going for onboard video why do you NEED agp...i mean, it's almost impossible to avoid these days but...

timmyqwest said:
just...one question

if your going for onboard video why do you NEED agp...i mean, it's almost impossible to avoid these days but...

he probably wants to upgrade to a better card later. i was doing the same thing but changed my mind. now A7N8X Dlx is on the list :D

Via Graphics Suck...hte Asus has a Geforce2 MX200 on it, and is a much better integrated gpu.

Asus. I have one. Graphics are a million times better than my TNT2 (and rightfully so).

Newegg had a million of them on refurb. Primarily because the way they instruct you to hook up your power button and reset button switches are REALLY MESSED UP. It took me and hour to figure out which was which. Thats probably why newegg ended up with so many refurbs, because people kept RMA'ing them for no reason.

Anyway, that board is a really nice board. I recommend it to anyone looking for a fully integrated matx mobo. Only problem is that its not overclockable :(.

Back