Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

Cannot find info on O/C an Intel 820 Mobo. Help Please!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 02-19-01, 08:59 PM Thread Starter   #1
Nightvalen

Cannot find info on O/C an Intel 820 Mobo. Help Please!!

I've been looking around quite a while now, and I'm beginning to think I'm the only person in the world with a DELL XPS733r with an Intel 820 Mobo and 128MB of PC600 RDRAM. Also have a Leadtek DDR GeForce 256 64MB, and a Soundblaster Live soundcard. Has anyone ever overclocked one of these systems and if so, please help. Thanks Dudes.

Nightvalen
Nightvalen is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 02-22-01, 02:50 PM   #2
DE
Registered

Quote:
Nightvalen (Feb 19, 2001 08:59 p.m.):
I've been looking around quite a while now, and I'm beginning to think I'm the only person in the world with a DELL XPS733r with an Intel 820 Mobo and 128MB of PC600 RDRAM. Also have a Leadtek DDR GeForce 256 64MB, and a Soundblaster Live soundcard. Has anyone ever overclocked one of these systems and if so, please help. Thanks Dudes.

Nightvalen
My brother just ordered a vc820 that he was going to try to overclock. It only supports 100/133 bus speeds so we put a celeron 2 700 on a slocket to run at 100mhz instead of 66 but the board will not even turn on. I don't know if the board can sense that a celeron is on it instead of a p2/p3 or what..

DE
DE is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-01, 09:06 PM Thread Starter   #3
Nightvalen

I'd probably have to guess it can tell it's a celeron there or at least NOT a Pentium III and it most certainly doesn't like it.
Nightvalen is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-01, 10:38 PM   #4
skip
OCForums Founder & Extraordinarily Elusive Administrator

10 Year Badge

The VC820 has NO overclocking features. AND, it WILL NOT post with a Slocket installed. Will only work with a Slot 1 CPU installed. I "inherited" a VC820 and 128mb PC800 RDRAM and have nothing to run in it

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards