• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help Building a system!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Ok budget is 700 bux. With my sytem in sig I want to get better mem, Vcard, and maybe mobo. My friend wants me to build him a system just the case must have cd-rw, hd, vcard, mobo, mem, dvd rom, cpu, case , ps, hsf, thats it I think.

I want to upgrade some of my stuff in my sig in the process so I want to maybe get new stuff and give him some of my stuff.

Things I have in mind.

1 8rga.

2 Ati card

3 Faster mem hyper x 3500

These are things I would like to get out of the deal and give him my 8rda, 3200, and ti4200.

Any help building this case only sytem would be great.

Well jonspd, never said he'd be pulling a fast one on his friend...its could be the understanding between them...

You should both get a good deal out of it. If you want to upgrade, selling him your stuff is ok. Make sure you give him all the driver disks and accesories with the stuff though.

935_MobyDick said:
Well jonspd, never said he'd be pulling a fast one on his friend...its could be the understanding between them...

Tks for using some common sence unlike the above post.

Oh my god. You guys think its ok to build a comp for a friend/relative and use their money to buy upgrades for you and give them old parts?

Do you think his computer illiteracy justifies what you're going to do?

Read my earlier post on the matter. I hope you weren't tarring me with the brush...

WOAH people :D

I think jonspd's friend has agreed to buy the older parts and build a rig with them. Maybe his friend is paying him the right amount for the rig in total :)

Stuff- if the parts are working, it's fine. I doubt he'd ask his friend for money for a brand new system and make it out of old bits :)
Also, please remember, personal attacks are not allowed here.

And WELCOME TO THE FORUMS to Stuff, Webfreak and 935_MobyDick :)

While I would have usually given him the benefit of the doubt, he really didnt make it seem like he and his friend were under that agreement. I very well may have jumped the gun.

However, "if the parts are working, its fine"
I really cant say I agree with that. That is, if they werent under the agreement. I mean seriously, would you like it if you dished out a decent sum of money for better computer parts and got parts on par with what you already had?

Your Pal,
Stuff

Oh, obviously, if i had paid someone, professional company or not, for a system which i didn't state or wasn't told that it consisted of old parts, i would expect NEW parts. Likewise, if i asked for new parts, i would expect them.:)

Indeed, it really didnt sound like he was under the agreement with the way he worded his message. But we're all guilty of being unclear every now and then.

Back