• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iwill 266u-RN board and PCI clock speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dustybyrd

since this is a VIA chipset 266DDR, are the PCI bus's always at 33 mhz regardless of the fsb clock speed? or is there a 1/3, 1/4, or 1/5 divider?

since it's a VIA chipset, I imagine it uses dividers.

The only chipsets that I know of that have fixed PCI speed are Intel chipsets and Nvidia chipsets.

I could be wrong, though.

well i know my 815ep TISU has separate clock speeds for the pci bus...33 mhz always....

and i thought that was the big thing when VIA was introduced against the 440BX....that while VIA was slower at the same fsb---it did allow PCI and AGP to run spec...

I know two boards that have 1/5..even 1/6 divider. Gigabyte GA-60XET/C. I used to own da board, had my 1.26 oc to 1.64 then my ram became the limiting factor. The board is hard to find in the U.S, more like impossible. some Eurpopen nations may still carry it. good luck on finding one.

Last edited:
Back