• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU RMA experience?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shunx

Can anyone share some experiences of doing RMA for power supplies? Did the store care whether the outer case has been opened, etc.? Did you get a new one back?

I didn't open up mine...but newegg refunded all of my money back to me when my first 8RDA+ MB screwed up and fried both the MB and PSU...both where sold out and I didn't want to wait...and no they did not take the 15% restocking fee out either...

ok I just returned mine to the local store, they may send it back but it will take many months since the model is discontinued.

If there was a warranty void if removed label somewhere that has been ripped because you opened it, then there would be a problem with RMA'ing it.

Soy

he...he....he.... lucky me... I know the store owner and I maintain good relationship with the sales people. The store owner is exclusive distributor for ASUS, Samsung and Intel products.

Lets hear some mouth dripping story:
" ..... I can do anything I want, from exchange Mobo, PSU and Processor. Even I screw up the mobo by soldering and modifying the components, the shop doesn't mind to replace my mobo. Nice? I even can pay on credit, I just says " put it on my bills" , and I sent my courier to collect the goods."

For your case, well.... as long as you don't break the warranty seal, it should be okay.

Last edited:
if there is a sticker and it was ripped just take it off and clean any residue left behind that way when they look at it they might not think about it or think that it wasnt there to begin with

Back