• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

puzzled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intel16

Registered
I haven't been able to finish a WU in several days!! It keeps starting all over after turning the comp on. It hasn't done this before.

Give us a little more info.

Are you using the screen saver of the CLC? How long does it normally take to do a WU? Have you tried leaving the comp on until it finishes the WU? What other seti software are you using, e.g. setidriver or setispy or ???. What's your machine and setup? How far oced? Is it seti that's turning your comp on and off (i.e. are you having stability issues) or do you just turn it off normally and it starts over again when you turn it on normally?

Thanks!

1. I'm using the CLC. 2. It takes about 7 and a half hours to complete, going really fast in the beginning(1.8 to 3) then slowing down and moderating(6.95 to 7.5).
3. I have been able to turn it off before and continue the WU later. I don't own the comp so I don't designate the times. Driver and Spy being used. I use a 933 p3 with an i815 motherboard, a 200w power supply, 30 gig hd, 512 megs of pc133 ram, generic. No oc yet. No stability issues that I know of. It has been able before to continue normally if turned on normally. No sudden resets that I know of, got a surge protector.

Seems strange. Why don't you try the following.

Seems to me that you are using SETIDriver, well using SETIWatch, detect which of the folders has the Wu you are currently crunching. Go to that folder after stopping SETIDriver. Delete the results_header.sah file. (this will restart the WU). Try it from there.

Another posibility is taht you have a corrupted WU, if you still can work on it, delte the whole folder.

If this keep presenting, make sure you have the latest software. Download the latest SETIDriver, SETISpy and download again the clc form berkeley.

OK, sounds like a set issue rather than a hardware issue.Sometimes I run into WU issues, usually with my system it finsishes a WU but won't ever return it and start another. I stop setidriver and spy. I delete ALL *.sah files in the main setidriver directory. Then I delete all cached WU. Then, I restart setidriver, it asks for the email address again, and starts repopulating the cache. This seems to clear things up for me.

Good luck!

Back