• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Inno3d Geforce4 Mx 440 128mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyleboy77

Am I the only person who owns one of these? It seems to be a decent card, I know its a Geforce4 mx it must suck, well in comparison to the voodoo3 2000 pci it replaced, this card rocks.
So what do all you other people think of this card?

i think it was just released to trick unsuspecting buyers into paying 100$ for a relabeled gf2. most people buying the gf4mx think its just a lower clocked g4.

(no i'm not totally ignorant, yes i know they added some features to the gf2 core to call it gf4mx, but i still think it was very very deceitful)

i think it was just released to trick unsuspecting buyers into paying 100$ for a relabeled gf2. most people buying the gf4mx think its just a lower clocked g4.

the GF4 MX still will perform better than the GF2 Ti/ultra/gts and its considerably cheaper than $100 (which works out to £60?) infact just looked it up on an american site and it was $53 which although still doesnt make it a good card doesnt make it as bad as your making out

that on the part is true, I see many people raving that they have a GF4, then only to say they have an MX, but at the heart of it that is just its marketed name, they could of called that the GF8 MX but that would have been very logical. And if you wanted to be true they would have released the GF2.5 with the GF4 Ti.

I bought a MX 440 on purpose knowing that it was not equal to the top of the line. My reason was that I wanted a good card at a good price. I don't play any game where I need to be obsessed with getting that 2FPS more than someone else. I was looking at the need for a new card when going from a 4meg PCI card and at $110 my MX 440 fit the bill.

Besides a midrange product will stay midrange priced a lot longer than a high priced card will stay high priced. So I dont have to shell out $400 for a card that will be $250 a month later.

well i dont care wut anyone says i love my geforce 4 ti 4600... cept i paid 400 bucks for it... and now there is a faster card out.... and i cant make my video in/out work... and... aww nevermind i got ripped.. haha

the mx 440 is a nice card for general gaming.

i have a mx440 SE as a backup card. the only downfall is slower memory speeds and no pixel shader. but i can pull 45fps in UT2003@1024x768 with game settings at normal.

I have a Gainward MX440 64mb and I love it....it was cheap and unless you're obsessed with fps, benchmarks, and graphics, it will suit you just fine. I game with it all the time and everything I've played looks decent (UT2003, RTCW, QuakeIII, etc.). It's a good choice for someone who does occasional gaming and doesn't have the money to shell out $200-$400 for a new video card every six months.

Back