• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7-S 2.0 & Barton 2800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ADM

Ok I had a Abit NF7-S 1.2 and I could get 193FSB easily, unfortunately it died on me do I RMA'd and got a Abit NF7-S 2.0. It now works perfectly apart from the fact I can't take the FSB higher than 175 unstablility.

Is this to do with my 2800+ Barton:

AXD2800KV4D 9806865270335
AQUCA 0307SPBW

I have an SLK-800 with 68.5 CFM fan on my processor.
I've tried changing the voltages, didn't really help.

The memory is sync with FSB at 6/6, I have 2x 256Mb Corsair XMS3200.

I have a Jaintech 500W PSU. All I want is 200FSB or near enough that, so I get my moneys worth. Is the problem my motherboard or CPU?

Thanks,

I read about some Bartons having difficulty reaching high FSBs. Check out the article on the front page at hardocp.

BTW, what temps are you getting? Does the 2.0 seem to report higher or lower than the 1.2?

The Hard OCP article suggets that the Bartons may just be pure luck of the draw as to which ones will clock high. Just because its a Barton doesnt mean it will reach 200 FSB. You may just have gotten the lower end of the luck.

Probably the short stick. The Bartons are so new there is no way of telling if the things can go real high yet.

Back