• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rediculas 875P Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goden99

Rediculas 875P Problem

Copy%20of%20875_scheme.gif

(Image was taken from this site http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/20030414/i875p-01.html)

Is it just me or am I the only person who Realized it says 266MB/SEC between North and Southbridge.

Did you know the Aopen motherboard has 4 SATA with RAID with 2 ATA 100 with firewire with 8 USB 2.0 with 6 PCI slot With the onboard sound ALL CONNECTED to the south bridge TRYING TO SQUIZE threw a 266mb/sec bus ?!?!

Sorry but I must say what was Intel Smoking ?

EVEN in SIS655 and AMD's Nforce they realized the major brutleg and fixed and Intel adds stuff like sata and more usbs and doesn't fix it ?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
I saw this too...

yet what do you think about them removing the GbE to the northbridge...do you think this helps?

mica

I'm sure they know what they are doing. Even adding up realistic bandwidth requirements for sound, raid hd's, and even usb devices shouldn't come close to the 266mb/s even if that figure is theoretical. just my $0.02

micamica1217> "yet what do you think about them removing the GbE to the northbridge...do you think this helps?"

No I belive that was the biggest mistake ever.
Network should not be connected to northbridge because of the rule you go as fast as the slowest link. The latency in networks is very much HIGHER than memory to cpu or anything so when you are transfering threw network I belive it's going to be like accessing your floppy everything will slow down.

RockerII> Did you see the only Aopen Motherboard which is the only "Canterwood" chipset motherboard you can get right now.

(Goten from "http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...280&manufactory=1316&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1" )
Aopen AX4C Max Motherboard for Intel Socket 478
CPU Support: 800MHz FSB Intel Pentium 4 Socket 478 CPU
FSB: 800MHz
Chipset: Intel 875P Canterwood, Intel ICH5R
Memory: DDR400 DIMM x 4 Max 4GB
Slots: 8X AGP slot, 5x PCI
IDE: 2x ATA100, 1x ATA133, 4x SATA
Raid: Promise ATA133 and Serial ATA Control Chip [Support Serial ATA RAID 0, 1 and 0+1)
Ports: 8x USB2.0, 1x IEEE 1394, 2 PS/2, 1x LPT, 2x Com and Audio Ports.
Onboard Audio: 5.1 Channel with SPDIF input/output
Onboard LAN:Broadcom Gigabit PCI LAN Chip Model#: AX4C Max

4 SATA DRIVES 1 ATA 133 and two ATA100 and 8 USB2.0 and Firewire and Soundcard all going threw that 266mb/sec

If your Doing videoediting for example (which is what i'd be using it for) I'd have the a SATA with my OS and two SATAs in a RAID set so I would be able to capture at high bit rates. that alone considering I dissconnect the Scanner, Printer, Digital Camera, Webcam, Joystick from the USB ports would easly need more than 266mb/sec.

They should of atleast had two of those busses to make it 533.

Just for the fun of it
60megs from USB2.0 + 150Megs SATA X 4 + 2 ATA 100 + 1 ATA 133 + Sound and PCI cards at 133.
thats a maximum of 1126mb/sec and we can only go 266mb/sec which means 23.63% of what you got :)

I agree that it can be saturated but you'll never see a maximum draw from each device and you'll never be using all the devices at the same time. Even with 5 hd's going you can still manage ~50mb/s out of each which you won't see out of today's drives. But yah, at least a 533mb/s bus would have been nicer.

RockerII said:
I agree that it can be saturated but you'll never see a maximum draw from each device and you'll never be using all the devices at the same time. Even with 5 hd's going you can still manage ~50mb/s out of each which you won't see out of today's drives. But yah, at least a 533mb/s bus would have been nicer.

Agreed. the more I think about it the more 266mb/s seems ok. what are typical N/S bus speeds on previous chipsets?

Back