• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error Codes, Asrock extreme4 z77

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iQuick

Registered
Hey there, I have a thread I posted before this but it was in the wrong forum, but we all came to the conclusion that my mb may be bad. I thought I would bring it the the MB section itself, because obviously you guys are more informed on MB's. A lot of this is copy and paste from the other forums, so here goes and I appreciate all the help.

Ok guys.. I got my build all together and done.. but of course there's always gotta be problems (but not smoking yet)....

I start my comp up, mobo shows 19, then switches to code 15.... turns itself off... reboots up... with code 10 on.... will stay running forever (with all fans on, and everything in the computer running) on code 10... All this time, never putting out any signal to my monitor. I haven't even gotten to load windows on it or nothing. It won't POST.

I looked up my ram and it isn't the 'supported memory' ? Like 2 letter off -_-... could that be it? If so i'm going to be so pissed off.

So annoying to spend all this money on it, and have it work but have errors and nothing able to do about it...

Looked in book and the code 15 and 19 are just north/south bridge initialization. Code 10 is PEI Core initialization.. Sigh. PLEASE HELP!

I have reset CMOS.

I bought a sandy bridge cpu (a celeron G530) incase the bios was out dated, still didn't work (I have the 3770k ivy bridge that's why I bought the sandy)

Reseated everything, including the processor(s)

No pins broken/bent.

PSU is fine.

I have reset the MB also.

I tried diff ram from my other comp and it drew a few beeps from the MB, and a code 55.

I pulled everything out and did a test on a cardboard box, so it ruled out the MB shorting on the case.

I have incompatible ram atm, (only like 2 numbers off on the model number) so I have some compatible ram on its way. Could this be the problem causing this strange sequence of codes? Incompatible ram?

Here are some links that kinda relate to what is happening to me. Same motherboard also.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2251305

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/317517-30-asrock-extreme4-debug

Please stop w/ the thread bumps. If no one has responded to your thread within 24 hrs., then you can bump it. Assuming you have the PSU connected to the ATX12V via either a 4-pin or 8-pin connector, how is the monitor connected to the card?

Please stop w/ the thread bumps. If no one has responded to your thread within 24 hrs., then you can bump it. Assuming you have the PSU connected to the ATX12V via either a 4-pin or 8-pin connector, how is the monitor connected to the card?

Sorry, I just wanted some help :)

I have all the connections on there that it needs.

I took the gpu out of it, and connected it to the motherboards vga slot. This was after it didn't work with the gpu.

AND AGAIN, some more disappointing news.

Got my 'compatible' ram in today, system does 19, 15, then reads 55 and shuts down. Starts back up and repeats.

Code 55 is 'Memory not installed'

Any ideas/thoughts?

Back