• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which entry level kit would you choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyfoid

Koolance Exos vs. Ahanix Iceberg vs. Thermaltake Aquarius II.
Which makes the best entry level kit? Or is there another I have missed?

i assume you dont want to do any case modding? you could get the new swifteck kit, it will probly have better performance and its really easy to set up(my first setup was swiftech). it comes wit han 80mm radiator that fits into a fan slow.

Tyfoid said:
Koolance Exos vs. Ahanix Iceberg vs. Thermaltake Aquarius II.
Which makes the best entry level kit? Or is there another I have missed?

I would choose the retail heatsink. Really now, read the reviews of those kits. They are horrible. There's a front page review of the aquarius up now, and it performs at the exact same level as my old, $16, Thermal Integration V77L heatsink.

well it wouldn't be a long term thing it would be an entry level thing... Like to get me started, then I would upgrade the waterblock, then the radiator, then so on and so on...

There are a lot of sites you can go to to customize your own kits.... I would recommend you do that. There is really no reason to settle for one of those you listed, unless you don't want to overclock and just want something quiet.

If it where up to me, I'd just build a kit from the ground up.

However, if I where to go with any of those kits, it'd have to be the Koolance one. The IceBerg's resivoir has a tendancy to crack, and the thermaltake has issues with it's pump(wierd rattling noises, not working @ all , etc).

Believe me dont go with a "beginners Kit" Youll want something easy to start with but later on your goin to say "wow watercooling is fun, but these temps suck" And then youll want a buy a custom kit. Skip the whole beginner process and go straight to D-Tek Customs and build a rig :) The koolance Stage....oh i was there once :)

if your really scared of doing it yourself getting everything seperate and MUST get a kit, dont touch the iceberg or thermaltake. Get A exos w/cpu200g, or innovatek. Both will do you well, and contrary to what most people tell you here they are both VERY good. BUT for the price you can do better by buying seperate... I was scared too, and rightfully so i killed a a7n8x deluxe. Just go slow, make sure every hose is tight enough so you cant tighten it anymore, leak test for AT LEAST 24 hours. Youll be happy when its running.

Back