• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid LED Question, kinda...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big Purds

what is the Voltage output of the motherboard's pins to power the LEDs? the power and hdd LEDs more precisely...I am not sure if it makes a difference, but my board is an Epox 8RDA+...

thanks for any input...

i don't know about the voltage and power to the headers but i read they're pretty weak to the power led on the 8rda+, the power led didn't work so i did a google search and used the turbo led headers instead and it works fine

Your best bet is to buy a multimeter. You can use it for that and they always come in handy while working on a pc. Check ebay.

If it wasn't so late I'd whip out the multimeter and confirm mine as well. I think the standard is between 3 and 6, but I'm just pullings numbers outa my wazoo on that one. 6 could be the standard.

ToledoSteel said:
Your best bet is to buy a multimeter. You can use it for that and they always come in handy while working on a pc. Check ebay.

Of course, you have to be careful. I was testing a 7volt modded 4pin to 3pin adapter, and accidentally touched two pins at once. Produced a nice spark and shut down my computer in a hurry.

I already have a good multimeter, I was just being lazy and didnt want to bring it in from the shop :D

lol, you cant really install car audio and security without one, heh...

guess the laziness must come to a stop before I find out if I can use some automotive LEDs...

thanx for your input...

Back