• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just blowing my own horn :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCn00b

OCn00b.jpg

Somehow I've gone from around 450 ppw on 3 rigs @ 5.1ghz to over 1000 ppw on 2 rigs @ 4.61ghz :clap: When I first hit 500 ppw, I didn't think it would last, I hope I have the same luck this time too :D

If I get the gromacs p542 proteins I can get over 66 points a day ( while surfing the net and it often has to wait to connect to the net if it finishes and I am sleeping ) .

66 points a day works out to a minimum of 462 points a day from one processor ! :)

Unfortunately I don't always get them and am stuck at 250 to 300 ppw .

Yeah, all I've been getting are the 542's and the 537's recently. Is Stanford out of the 10 pointers or something? I got 2 then they seemed to disappear.

I like the 10 pointers the best so far, 2 hours 10 minutes for 10 points seems pretty good to me :D I'm not sure exactly how that averages per day but I think that's like 11 a day on this comp and maybe 10 or 11 a day on my 2nd comp. Sounds like a good deal to me ;)

lol, thanks seamadan. I'm not sure why I got such a big increase in points though. I've bumped up my clockspeeds a touch but I'm still about 50mhz slower than I was before I switched to water. When I first passed you I thought maybe you had a rig go down or something but since now I know you're still folding at full speed, I'm a little more happy ;)

I've recently got a flood of 799's. They are annoying, my PPW has cut in half since I've been geting so many of those.

Some people just get lucky.

Well, actually that made us about even for a while then. A couple weeks ago I lost my 550 athlon at work. Is the 450 up and running again? Hope so. :)

lol that's ok Chris, I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve too, just gotta figure out a way to use them ;).

Back