• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Banner Ad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banner ad time?

• Yes i think we should try again

Votes: 69 89.6%
  • No, not right now

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
Ok many of you remember a while back we purchased a banner ad to help skip out a bunch. Well as of right now the forums isn't making ANY money from banner ads so i would like to know if you guys would be willing to do it again?

I think we ended up paying 300 for the last one and we had a little "contest" where some people made up some folding banners and we all voted on them and it got put up.

It was only supposed to be up for a month but skip was generous and left it for many months.

This is a great way to help the forums and a great way to people's attenion and let them know there is a folding team here and we want them to join it!

so what do you think?

/edit...

oh yeah, this poll is gonna run for about two weeks (maybe less if we get a good amount of responses either way). if the vote goes YES (which i hope it does :D ) then i will post with the details so we can get this together.

FOLD ON
NAS

Last edited:
Yes...I think we should try this again...on any note has anybody gone out and scouted what kind of sponsorships we could get for skip...come on guys he needs our help.

These forums aren't cheap you know and we all love them and would hate to so them go.

scoobiedoo

answering yet another poll *sigh*

I'm in for some cashola.... The banners last time were amazing, get your photoshop out people and get creative!

Wedo

would sponsorship necessarily have to relate to computing/overclocking or could we get some random company?

I could imagine the overclockers being sponsored by McDonalds (heaven forbid!) or something

I'm a little confused about this. How will donated banners from members help raise money for the forums? Where do the banners get posted? I do understand how it could bring attention to the team.

Axle

Sorry guys. I'm short on cash for the time being. I may be able to help later on, though. I was thinking of getting support from some online companies or through manufacturers. How about other things not related to computers (think G-rated, no pron dammit! you dirty people! ;) )?

Soy

Yeh im wondering the same thing as axle here =\

Would we pay to have our banners up or something? Coz im sorta lost :eh?:

'Gumpy

yes, I think thats an excellent idea, we contribute money to the forums and advertise the folding team as well...unfortunately I have no photoshop skillz for making a banner :(

I'm in for a bit. I started folding for this team because I learned a lot in these forums. It seemed like giving a little back, and (duh!) this does too.

as i was saying before my computer crashed....

i don't really see how this is supposed to MAKE MONEY for the forums... it would be great if someone could explain it in DETAIL... i personally don't have almost ANY photoshop skills, and money's running short over here (im lookin for a job)... i'm already contributing to the forums as much as i can - the 25th idea is the best...

i voted NO because i don't see how us, paying $300 for a banner is gonna make us money... it almost seems like it'll COST US $300... just for recruiting?? i'm sure this could be done cheaper by kinda trying to get your friends to fold...

the real goal is not the recruiting, that is a by-product, the goal is to get money to skip

FOLD ON
NAS

Want to click yes, I dont mind donating some dollar, but if some could explain why in detail for the advantage of me and filip04. Coz I just dont understand it?

It is simple. The people who can afford to donate donate money to skip. For this group donation we get a banner ad on the forum to Advertise the folding @ Home team. If you do not have the money to donate it is fine. It is like buying the banner ad from the forums. We get the added exposure and skip gets a little green to help with the server and bandwidth costs. And yes it helps with getting new members to fold:D

Back