• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Banner Ad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banner ad time?

• Yes i think we should try again

Votes: 69 89.6%
  • No, not right now

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters
I have voted yes, where can I get updates of when I need to post and what I need to create. Thats if I create anything im not to hot on the adobe either??

The cause is good... but to me its more a principle thing...

Thumbs down on banners. Once my pay-rise rings in, skip'll see some dosh from me.

Cheers,

Flix

I'm in!!I think it was a great idea then and still do.It couldnt come at a better time.Alittle extra and we will have second by the end of the year!

i don't remember exactly, but it doesn't seem like there was that much of an increase in folding after the last banner run. or was there? i remember a specific few who said they became interested as a direct result of the banner, but no significant numbers. i'm gonna have to go with a couple others on this and vote 'no'. i do see the need to contribute money towards the use of this place, it just seems ridiculous to advertise at our own site.

I look at it this way. I want to contribute to the forums. The ad space must not be all that busy in the first place otherwise the forums wouldn't be costing skip money, so put up our ad. Even if we only get a couple of people, one of them might bring the equivalent folding power of: Lews, or CMC, or Wedo, or nikhsub1, or Shad, or... well you get my point. There is no losing to this. Just my 2 cents.

fahbanner.jpg

ill animate this is awhile, add some other stuff

vote looks good so far, gonna see how the next few days go!

FOLD ON
NAS

it is still going! i was/am trying to figure out a system to keep better track of the donations.

FOLD ON
NAS

I like the idea, but it's really hard for somebody from europe, without a credit card to donate money... Any ideas on how I could do it?

Money Order? Mail check to mod and they get the money to skip. Jon does this all the time.

FOLD ON
NAS

so before i vote

you are going to pay him to put up a folding banner?

is that he basic jist of it all?

Crash893 said:
so before i vote

you are going to pay him to put up a folding banner?

is that he basic jist of it all?
I believe that is correct. It is a way to help skip and advertise the folding cause to other oc members that may not be involved in a dc project yet.

Back