• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4a p4 on Asus p4t 423 board w/adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

royalt1217

I bought a upgradeware p478 adapter for my asus p4t socket 423 intel 850 board. First off, the adapter works great and an ease to install. I've already got the bug to overclock though, easily runs 2759 @ 115 fsb and I can get to run at 3.2 @ 133 fsb. But, at 3.2 I can run sandra fine but system crashes on car chase HD of 3dmark2001. Any suggestions? maybe cooling? I use the same zalman 423 cooler on the 2.4. Video card=sapphire 9500pro @ 351core,315mem w/bios hack. Temps seem lower than my old 1.5 willey, what gives. RAM = pc800 samsung RDRAM. Thanks in advance for any input.

Your RAM may not like running at 133MHz FSB. What is your RAM multipliers? Have your tried the 3x setting? Also have you tried increasing your core voltage? What is the stepping/S-Spec number of your chip. That can usually give you an idea how well your chip can OC.

Try lowing your memory settings first, then if that doesn't work increase your CPU voltage.

yeah, I have the 3x multiplier on because my rdram would never go past 120fsb @ 4x. And voltage is at 1.65 and temps are 45 C, do you think the heat is the culprit?

Back