• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Name String says "prosussor"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blue078

Hi All:)

Just bought my third 2500+ and found something strange, when I use CPUID 3.1a, CPUZ 117, and even AMD's cpuinfo util.

The other 2 Bartons {2500+} returned a name string of
"AMD Athlon{tm}"

This puppy's name string is "AMD Athlon{tm} prosussor"

Has any one seen this "prosussor" before ??

Well have a look:) I havent either till today.
attachment.php

You wont believe this one:D This is what happens when I bumped the multy to 12 }}}}}}}}}}

attachment.php

It's to weired, I stuck my 2100+ back in to see if maybe the BIOS was hosed. It looked normal again.

I think this chip is buggie

wierd , run a search on that word prosussor and came up with people with the same string

Processor AMD Athlon 1837.50MHz[AuthenticAMD family 6 model A step 0]
Cache L1_D:[64K] L1_I:[64K] L2:[512K]
Name String AMD Athlon(tm) prosussor
VideoCard Matrox Graphics Parhelia
Resolution 3840x1024 (32Bit color)
Memory 1048,048 KByte
OS 5.1 (Build: 2600) Service Pack 1
Date 2003/03/03 00:16

http://64.58.76.136/search/cache?p=...TiRTeETzozwC:cgi26.plala.or.jp/ebunet/bbs/pc/

Call up AMD and tell them that you've got a weird chip. Mabey they'll credit you with the discovery of some bug in their creation process :D

JigPu

Hey Blue, what board do you have it in by chance?..

I had my 2500+ in an MSI Kt3 Ultra 2 and it read just fine, but I placed it in my new 8RDA+ today, and noticed that when I went to "My Computer" properties...lmao, so I had to run a search here, this thread was it.

My board's revision is 1.1 if that makes a difference, I'm thinking perhaps it's the bios version, but that's just a guess...

Back