• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting A7N8X Deluxe Story..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

msuVagabond

I recently got my motherboard, +2600 (333 fsb), ram.. blah blah blah.. to go for my upgrade..

My buddy and I toss everything into this case (stock case comes with 4 fans.. 2 back.. 1 side.. 1 top).. get everything wired up.. turn on the button..

Nothing. The LED for the AGP card is lit.. it tried to turn on (Light nearby dimmed.. but no fan turned). We could figure out what it was.. checked all the connections.. screwed with the jumpers (and back again).. nothing worked..

We took his 300W power supply outta his computer and hooked that up.. BAM! It worked perfectly. Why didn't my 400W antec truepower work?

We toss back my 400W power supply in and guess what.. the board ran like it never had a problem.

Very odd.. did the board just need a smaller jump start or something?

My volcano 11 is on the way.. till then.. i'm sitting at stock speeds though..

Sounds like you possible didn't have something fully plugged in the first time...like the MB +12 connector...I had this issue a few times when the +12 wasn't fully seated...but seated enough to give a few things power..but not the complete system...

Back