• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WINUR virus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chittnp

I was recently notified by my AVG virus scan that I have a WINUR virus on my computer...I did a complete system scan....and now its not detecting the virus.....however when I looked it up on the net it said that removal of the virus required registry modification....did AVG do this for me? why isnt it detecting the virus now?? does anyone know about this virus and how to tell if its truly and completely gone?

go to www.sarc.com and run the online scanner. It is always good to run a secondary scanner every once in a while and definitely after you got a warning from your regular scanner:D You can also find out if there are special removal tools or instructions at SARC:D

ok...i didnt detect the WINUR Virus, but It did detect some damn backdoor trojan which I removed as well...but now my PC is running slower. go figure.

Back