• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH7 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZN

AznSniper
i read that the temps on these boards fly around like crazy but 10c + - dam that is insane. is there a bios fix for this or is this the way its going to be. im not really sure what the actual temps are cuzz of the range it jumps around.

so far im not at all pleased with this board but i just got it so i havent tweaked it or learned enough on it yet so ill give it a few more days before i rma this sucker.

My board does the same thing, built a system based on this board for someone else which did the same thing, if you RMA it, it'll probably still do the same thing.

The only things this board has going for it is that it's inexpensive and it has better power regulation than most other brand boards. I have a P4PE also and it's a toss-up between them which one is "better". I am inclined to say that the BH7 is not heads and shoulders above the crowd, it's a nice board but not great.

so is the temps even at all close to correct? it jumps from 60c-70c folding and i know for a fact it is not that hot at all. im using ax478 with 80mm at 2500rpm. these temps are rediculas how can abit do this?

I can't answer that. Running P95 sometimes gives me a 12 deg C temp swing, and that's with MBM set to update every 3 seconds, in my opinion the temps are high by at least 5 deg C, but it's hard to tell because they never stabilize.

Abit boards always show high CPU temps. They may be accurate, though, I don't know. See my sig; I have tried about five different heatsinks, but P95 and heavy gaming always raises the CPU temp above 60 C. Now that my room is very hot (above 30 C), the CPU load temp reaches 64 C... in the winter, the system temps all go down correspondingy with the ambient temp.

Hey! AZN

The fun doesn't completely end with the wild temp swings for some of us either. There has been what seems like an abnormally high number of reported situations of one of the small metal loops which the Northbridge heatsink hooks onto pulling free of the motherboard allowing the heatsink at least in my case to drop down and lay on my 9500Pro video card. My situation was definately a case of "cold" solder joins, which couldn't stand up to the tension put on them with that heavy heatsink retention spring. Something you definately might want to keep an eye out for.

SkyHook

BTW - I do see a 10-15C swing in CPU temp whether I use the Abit monitoring software or MBM.

this board sounds like more trouble then its worth, i might end up rmaing it for another.

One thing I can tell you AZN is that I have had better luck overclocking my SL6RZ on the BH-7 than on my P4PE hehe. I had the wildly swinging temps as well, and what was weird is that the higher the temps went, the more wildly they would swing around. I have since gone to watercooling, and now the temps are actually fairly stable, and I believe that the temp reading is about 10c higher than actual (just like on my p4pe board as well). Anyhow, if having the temps jump around on you doesn't bother you that much, it is a solid performer, at least in my case.

other thing that bugs me is i cant seem to get the 3:4 ratio to work.

AZN said:
other thing that bugs me is i cant seem to get the 3:4 ratio to work.

Right, i experienced the same bug!
3:4 only works till 165Mhz FSB!
If you want to use higher fsb's you have to switch to 4:5...
At 166Mhz @ 3:4 it doesn't even post! :(

btw. mine is rev. 1.1

doesnt matter now, this board is gettting replaced with a P4C800 deluxe asus canter

Hope you'll have better luck with asus then! ;)

I still dunno if i should switch my BH7 with an IC7, or P4C800 (or keep it)? :confused:
Why are you going for the P4C800? Because of the mem timing issues with the IC7?

yes, Ive been upset about abits new borads lately so asus for me now. its weird that abit use to be better then asus with alot of features but now it seems asus is making better boards.

Abit has admitted to the problems with thier temp sensors on Intel chipset motherboards, now we just need them to fix them. There is a thread over at the Abit forums to do just that.

already seen the thread but to late, i already got a RMA # and orderd the p4c800

Back