• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DigitalDoc5 Temp Sensor Placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tcg23

Registered
I've read that next to the core is the best place to put the small sensor for the DD5, well, what about a P4 which is completely flat and doesn't have a raised core?

Also, for Video cards, is it best to place the sensor on the back of the card, where the gpu is or take the heatsink off and rig it somehow that way?

Again, what about a HDD? Whats the best place to pick up the temp on a hard drive?

I have searched the forum for the answer and nothing jumped out. I'm not afraid to read so if someone knows of an article on this feel free to post the URL.
Tia,
-TheComputerGuy23

For the video card, on the back of the card in the centre of the Gpu pins, for the Hdd, on some drives the controller chips on the bottom are the hottest part, if that's covered over the side of the drive near the molex connector is where I have mine.

Back