• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R the Recent Batches of 1700+s @ Newegg Any Good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

plexdude

Hey all,

I just want to get an idea of what kind of 1700+ steppings you've all been getting from Newegg in the recent weeks. At the moment of this post, Newegg appears to only have OEM 1700+s in stock which is perfectly fine by me (I prefer OEM vs Retail anywayz) but they are only $44 as opposed to $72 for the WPMW or XPMW @ Excaliber. That's a huge price difference IMO and I've heard here and there that people have been able to get the T-Bred-B type 1700+s at Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...e=0&propertycode=&propertycodevalue=4159,3896

So for those of you who have purchased their T-Bred 1700+ from Newegg in the recent weeks, please reply with your processor details (like how mine is indicated in my sig, or just the real important OC related info will do fine) and approximately when it was purchased. Also, please mention if it was OEM or Retail Box.

I'd like to gather this info from you guys so I can get an idea of what my chances are of getting a good OCable chip for almost half the cost that Excalibur sells 'em for.

TIA, I appreciate your feedback on this.

i heard most of the recent batches are all As. in the reviews they say the same. should wait

Back