• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free webserver that supports php?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

touser

Hi all, i want to setup a forum of my own and i want to sue phpbb2. But i need a webserver that supports php and that is free. Can anyone send me a link to one if one even exists? Thank you in advance! :)

I know that some webservers with PHP pre-installed exist, but I forget what they're called, so I'll let other people link them for ya.

You can install IIS, and download PHP from www.php.org for free. You may need to install a MySQL server aswell for that (not 100% sure though.. you can get that from www.mysql.com if you need it)

Thank you su root for the info. But i do not think i phrased my question right. I am looking for some place that will host a website/forum for free that supports php so i can run a forum with phpbb2. I do not wish to host it myself if at all possible.

Remember, IIS is only "free" in the sense that it's included with something that most computer users buy anyways.

Apache is free in the purest sense of the word. IIS is part of Windows, and you have to pay for Windows.

Back