• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which DVD writer is good??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hotlove

Registered
Hi folks...

Could someone, especially those who have a DVD writer,
give me some input what type of DVD writer and brand
name is good to buy please. I am planning to get one
very soon and there are too many brand and many type
of model but don't know which to choose.

Thanks folks,

HOTLOVE

If money is not an issue the $350 Sony that dose all the formats it’s a 2X but has a firmware upgrade to 4X. Only problem is I can’t remember the model # for it “spoken81” has one and seems to love it.
[edit] I just found the # it's DRU-510A [/edit]

True, I think it is still a bit early to jump on the DVD-R bandwagon because a format still really hasn't won! Once one does, and the quality starts going up to the point where it burns properly consistantly, then I may be in. If I had to pick one though, I would go with the Sony described above.

i have the sony DRU-510A and it rocks. i havent had any problems with it so far burning dvd-r, dvd+r, or cd-r. i havent re-written anything so i can't tell you anything about that. i used nero and everything works great. definetely worth it if you've got the money and need a dvd burner.

I'd wait till the format wars were over but hey it's your money not mine. Anyway if I had to buy one I'd get the Sony DRU (I forget the model number).

Stedeman said:

did you do the firmware upgrade to make it 4X yet?

yes i did, although i havent burned anything since then so i wouldnt be able to tell you about the performance increase...

Back