• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocsystem ram ?..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

k i flashed my bios for my abit nf-s v2.0 to newest one and i still cant get stable clock can anyone expalain ? could the ram be holding me back ? or what please help

We'll need a bit more info before we can help you. I will say that ocsystems RAM has a very bad reputation. Read around the forums some.

i dunno i try like multi 11 and fsb @ 140 cpu voltage 1.6 stock chipset 1.6 and 2.6 for ram and it wont boot up i tried upgrading bios that didnt help so could it be the.. ram ?

when you say boot do you meen boot into windows or post? If it won't even post and it was posting before I'd say you had a bad flash maybe. Give us:
CPU
model of RAM
PSU (if under 350 how many HDD's, CDroms and other things you got plugged in)

and any information about what is was running like before the flash.

hrm.. bad flash ?... that was before and i did clean flash after ward and its ... 1 hard drive 400 watt,1 drom,cdrw and floppy

right system is

abit nf-s v2.0
1700+ tbred dutc3
ocsystem ram 3200 cl2
80gb maxtor
creative dvd drive
32xgeneric burner
400watt psu genric
mx440 vid card

and havent done anything in bios but try some fsb btw i did not engable the cpu interface thing, and what about the spread spectrum crap ?

yes and after and these are default setting... dont know what the heck im doing when ocing i could use some major input that would be great thanks

Junk the OC System ram...most of that ram can't run at default settings yet alone overclocked...get some good memory and you should see a major improvement...

Guess I got lucky.

I got some ocsystem pc3200 ram and it's been good to me.Got my vdimm@ 2.7 and have run memtest all nite long and no errors.:D

bump bump

HELp could my ram be screwing up my oc cause i cant even get stable o/c if not what can i do disable what i have abit nfs-2.0 with the newest bios

thanks for the imput guys i did manage to get pretty stable @ 1.6ghz hehehe but only at around 333mhz 2.0cas ill try more any sugguest for agressive timing with these ?

I would try redoing the Bios againn AND check around for a possible newer Bios update. I also have had probs with beta for reasons you can figure out. sometimes it just aint ready to use! good luck dude!

i think i got it ... thanks to some help from the forums hehe

i would rather spend a couple extra bones and get somthing i know will work the way it says it will.

winbond are nice thats why corsair uses just get em at a lower price:D

Back