• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what chip is this?????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD900

AMD-K6-2/475AHX
2.4V CORE/3.3V I/O
A 9921APFW

what is the speed?
is it a good chip to o/c?

Yep its a 475, and it MIGHT hit 500, and it might not, the K6 series were really lousy overclockers and wouldn't go much higher than stock speeds, although there were good OCs, but prolly the people who got 'em were really lucky

I've been having very good luck with overclocking the K6-2s. Not so much the K6s though. I have a K6-2 450 that goes to 500 no problem, and a 350 that does 450 with proper motivation.

I currently have 2 K6-2 500Mhz chips both which run all day long at 550Mhz and 600Mhz repectfully. The 600 getts a lil flacky on occasion but if I back it down to 575Mhz its No Problemo.

Sink

Well I don't consider 10% - 15% OC a great OC but its an OC and its all good.
but I still think they weren't very good overclockers just because they wouldn't go much higher than the 500MHz mark, except the later K6-2s and then the K6-2+/3+s..

Also on a side note, Sinkhole I think your sig is just a bit too big, even with small text, we're allowed 13 lines (including empty lines) I counted like 22, you should look into making ur sig large horizontally and not vertically :)

Back