• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Advantage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoJoMoJo

so...........before I go intel just curious does anyone still see an advantage with amd over intel besides the price. With the 200fsb versions of the chip and seeing them get there quad pumped bus to over 1000mhz I can no longer see why I keep going with amd anymore. Seems like the intels clock just as hard now and the fsb disadvantage is gone. Anyone?

I'd stay with AMD. It might not look very good right now, but wait till the Athlon 64 comes out with Windows X86-64. In other words this time next year will be far better for AMD.

Of course this is coming from an AMD fanboy so you might want to take it with a grain of salt :p.

AMD Hammer... Opteron... nForce 3... ATI RS / RX 380... Hypertransport...

VIA's K8T890. This chipset for Athlon 64 and Opteron processors supporting PCI Express bus. It will also use Ultra V-Link bus to connect with more up-to-date South Bridges. The first samples should be available by the end of the year, and the mass production is scheduled for 2004.

And in Q2 of 2003 Athlon 64 'Clawhammer', 1MB L2 cache,130nm - SOI with speeds of 2800+, 3100+ & 3400+.

This war is ONLY beginning....

Advantage... AMD.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas I too have been a long time AMD fanboy also lol. But not going to base purchaseing anymore on hopes of tomorrow......with bs products such as the nvidia based chips and problem child motherboards on the amd based boards.....Just tired of it. Im sure next year around this time while AMD is hunting for the here and now Intel will just shock em again. Thanks again.

Last edited:
JoJoMoJo

no offense but with what your sig says...what on earth more do you want....with that setup you will desimate any and all games for at least the next year....I think you just see those big numbers and are wowed....I to am swaed by those huge 300mhz fsb's running at 1000+gHz at 3.5+ ooverclocks...but at what cost...I mean those things are pricey and how much "theoretical performance" can you stand?.........I bet right now you run UT2003 at like 300fps or something thats just insane.....but if your one of those people that need to feel like they are the boss hog on the block and have tons of spare change on ya....then go for it:rolleyes: ...........o and let me buy your spare amd stuff:D

treepop said:
JoJoMoJo

no offense but with what your sig says...what on earth more do you want....with that setup you will desimate any and all games for at least the next year....I think you just see those big numbers and are wowed....I to am swaed by those huge 300mhz fsb's running at 1000+gHz at 3.5+ ooverclocks...but at what cost...I mean those things are pricey and how much "theoretical performance" can you stand?.........I bet right now you run UT2003 at like 300fps or something thats just insane.....but if your one of those people that need to feel like they are the boss hog on the block and have tons of spare change on ya....then go for it:rolleyes: ...........o and let me buy your spare amd stuff:D

I couldn't have said it better myself. Your rig is a killer! If you like seeing nice high numbers, go for an Intel. :rolleyes:

treepop said:
JoJoMoJo

*ditto*

Agreed are you going to notice any difference ?.. without having to resort to running a Benchmark application whos results can very likely be affected by drivers written specifically for them.

Back