• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltages on different PSU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[M0F0]

Registered
so far my voltages are still sitting around the 12.92 area i used a multimeter and checked it

i tested my other 1800+ system and the voltages on that are up around the 12.74 volts

i tested a spare 300w psu and it gave me 13.12v on the 12v

i checked a mates and his is 11.98 & we're running the same number of components except mines AMD and his is a P4

they're not exactly causing unstability but when i overclock my 2000+ the 12v goes up to 13.240

and i dunno whether i should be worried about it

asus probe complains its too high

and my last thread didn't really give me much help

should i be scared??

i wouldnt be too scared... if it has adjustable rails i would lower it a bit though. i doubt it will cause problems unless it gets up to high, or at least i havnt heard of any:D

i agree with crash override...

i my old powerup supply always ran at 13+ volts on the 12 volt rail...

the thing is these readings are all software read and my not in fact be the true voltages....

but if everything is working why worry? run passmark burnin test for an hour or so and if it passes then it's fine...passmark's burnin test stresses all components of the system at the same time....

www.octools.com

all my voltages were tested with a multimeter, so mine are true voltages...

usually i wouldn't be worried but i just shelled out like $360 for my new motherboard and also $220 for a 120gb WD so i don't want anything dying on me coz i can't afford to replace them

damn new zealand sucks for high cost computer parts

Brand New A7N8X-Deluxe

thats just how much they cost in New Zealand man

i'm sorry i don't live in america :pP

yeah thats what we did for the WD HDD's

we ordered 3 of them and saved about $180 all up

but the 1st batch were DOA

so we had to ship them back to be replaced and had to wait another month or so

but yeah its more trouble then its worth coz we also had to pay GST on them which was another $60

Back