• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

as3 on slk800: must i reapply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

axhed

so i took my slk800 off the cpu a couple days ago... and just slapped it back on 5 min later. should i re-remove and reapply the as3 or is the original application intact?

as long as you didnt remove any of it with your fingers, or wipe it on anything (the heatsink base and cpu die) then you should be ok to just leave it. Ive done it before when i lost my tube of AS3, just dont touch it.

well, i noticed right off the bat that it wouldn't run at 11.5x200 anymore, so i bumped it back down to 11x200... i'll let it cure for a week and see where i am at that point.
tx for the replies

I would be safe and reapply. You may not need to, but you never know.

axhed said:
well, i noticed right off the bat that it wouldn't run at 11.5x200 anymore, so i bumped it back down to 11x200... i'll let it cure for a week and see where i am at that point.
tx for the replies

If it's not overclocking where it did right before you removed your heatsink, I don't think any amount of settling of AS3 is going to bring that back. If that's the performance you want, I'd reapply.

Ken

Unless you are out of AS3, why would you want to just jam it back together and hope for the best???
ALWAYS REAPPLY...It just isn't worth taking the chance over a chore that takes a few seconds...;)

Back