• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadow_9

Registered
Hello all, I just started crunchin Seti And I have a question...By saturday I will have my second cpu runnin seti...My first rig is a Intel 2.4c It max v2 and my 2nd will be AMD Soyo platinum dragon,2400xp,Question is how do I get these to work together, and can multipal clients be run? Right now my intel is doing about 6 to 7 wu a day stock.Can the 2 cpu's work together?And remember Im a noob...If this has been done and there is a thead just point me in the right direction and I'll figure it out...

I'm not sure if you can run them "together" but you can set up SETI on your second rig and let it run SETI also. Just set it up the same way you did your main rig. I have 8 machines crunching SETI 24/7

LA

Unfortunatly SETI@Home is not developed to run in multiCPU environment, so no Beowulf clusters, or SMP systems or HT CPUs. What you can do is run a process for each and every CPU you have, so you'll only need to set up the CLC in each rig and you are done. Only need to up the "Maximum Number of processors" in SETIDriver in SMP systems or HT capable CPUs.

So all I have to do is make my seti folder copy spy ,driver,cmd line enter the same info and download wu's under same e-mail addy on the AMD rig?... :D

Thank you.Now when my AMD rig is done I'll just have to find a team and join....Know of any good one's...( looks over shoulder as he walks away)...:D

Back