• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

boot failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawky

Hey, I have been overclocking a bit since a couple of days and I was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem.

Well, the main problem I have is that my computer won't boot after I bring my FSB from 100 to 106+, I was wondering if my PSU was the culprit, well pretty much, it's a no-name 350W PSU.

+3.3 - 28A
+5 - 35A
+12 - 17A

I have also been getting really low +3.3, in the 2.90's.

Thanks for your help, my computer information is in my sig.

-mark

The problem cpould be any number of things, but you can suspect the PSU, your RAM, and perhaps heat. You also might have to increase your voltage a bit, making heat control that much more important.

beleive me, heat is not a problem, but yeh, i think my PSU is the problem since I have 512RAM, maybe I don't have enought juice for my RAM and enought to boot up my computer when I overclock.

by boot do you mean the OS will not load?
Or that it will not post?

Have you cleared the CMOS yet?
removed unneeded cards?

as in boot up the computer, it just won't load windows after i overclock, then i restart and it restarts to BIOS.

is this a willamette or northwood p4?

cuz if it's willamette it might not be stable at 106 fsb...

i know that doesn't seem like much headroom...

of course it could be the psu or even other things...

i dont know what kind of p4 it is, didnt know there was any kind,

jay: yes it will, it loads at 105, not 106 ;)

are your sure you have 512KB of L2?
Do you know what your Vcore is?
just trying to find out what P4 you have

yes, i have 512cache of L2, my vcore is hmmm, the stock one. never brought it up, i think my core is 1.6 right now, from MBM5

actually heres my p4 details,

2 A ghz
400mhz system bus
512k-KB L2 Advanced trasnfer cache
478-Pin package

Back