• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI FIC 9700np Freezing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vincey2kr1

Registered
What driver is everyone using with there ATI cards? I can get it to run for about 5mins or so on battlefield 1942 before it totally hard FReezes up my computer. I had a ti4400 before and never had this problem until I put the ATI card in. I'm not sure if my Soundblaster audigy card might have a conflict with this card, anyone running an audigy card with and ati card? Here's what i have abit bd7II-raid 0, p4c 2.6 FSB 800mhz, SB audigy gamer, corsair 3500c2, and on board LAN. Have the latest drivers for all of them, wondering if anyone out there is running this setup and not having problems.

Oh ya, formatted twice.. put the drivers in this order. INtel INF first, directX 9A, SB audigy drivers, then the CATS 3.2 tried the , 3.1's and 3.4's all the same problem. First time around when I formatted i tried to install my sound drivers after i installed my cats and i could never get them to install because my system would crash.

well I guess you can say my Chipset is clocked to 200mhz, running the P4c at stock speeds though. Thing is the chipset didn't have a problem running with my ti4400 at these speeds. My aGP is locked at 33mhz.

Have you checked for BF1942 patches?

The windows hardware manager should be able to tell you if there's a conflict between your sound/video. This one's got me I think.

Oh yeah, I had a P4 1.8 C1 @ 3 ghz w/ a BD7-II (no raid), Audigy and PC3500 corsair C2. All with a 9700 Pro BBA.

The only problems I had with BF1942 were before I patched the game.

Well I just got my new ASus P4p800. So I'll dismantle her, and try it again*crossing fingers*.

its a heat problem m8, had the same happen to me in games,play same games as you ,very vid intensive games,those radeon pros make a lot of heat when they have to work hard, check yer temps and i`am sure you see very high temps

Well it seems to work now with my ASUS P4P800 board now:D I'm using the 3.0 cats though I'm afraid to change it since Battlefield hasn't crashed. Need more time to play it though, is there a software utility that allows you to check the temp of the ATI card? So far so good. I think my FIC 9700non-pro is bios locked, so I'm not sure about overclocking it just yet.

i`am using the cat 3.4 driver for my 9700 PRO and the new betadrivers for my audigy solong i watch the casetemps when playing everything works fine

take sidepannel off computer and try to play the game again ,make sure the hot air can get out yer case

Back