• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help: BSODs and freezing issues - and a undetected H100i GTX (new rig)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This link from Corsair contradicts what you're showing:
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengea...am-2400mhz-c11-memory-kit-cmy16gx3m2a2400c11r

This is the page for the RAM based on the model number you gave earlier in the thread.
http://www.hardwareslave.com/review...s/corsair-vengeance-pro-ddr3-2400-mhz-review/
My conclusion from this is that the timings you specified are the official ones, and the ones I found elsewhere (such in the link above) are not the official timings but rather what was proven to be stable during testing. Do you make the same conclusion or am I missing something?

Better yet just post a screen shot of the Spd and Memory tabs in cpu-z. We can see exactly what the timings should be.

Better yet just post a screen shot of the Spd and Memory tabs in cpu-z. We can see exactly what the timings should be.

nvsew0.jpg

Either I forgot some setting or something is wrong. Frequency and voltage is off. I went into BIOS to make sure, and the frequency is set to 2400MHz and the voltage to 1.65v
However I noticed that the DRAM voltage was 1.69v despite this (on the right hand side of the screen in Advanced Mode of BIOS - where all the monitors are), and when lowering the voltage to 1.6v and rebooting to BIOS, the reported volts are now 1.645v - Why am I getting more than I want?
Also there is a lot of stuff set to "auto" in BIOS, and I'm not sure which of those to turn off nor what values they should have.

Last edited:
Well the timings are correct and indeed the voltage is supposed to be 1.65. Where did you see it reporting 1.69? It could just be a software error.

Well the timings are correct and indeed the voltage is supposed to be 1.65. Where did you see it reporting 1.69? It could just be a software error.
Inside BIOS under the hardware monitor (not my screenshot):
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like everything is correct.
If its actually running 1.69V on the DRAM it won't be an issue for heat or longevity.

Also, the review link you posted is to a different model of RAM.

Looks like everything is correct.
If its actually running 1.69V on the DRAM it won't be an issue for heat or longevity.

Also, the review link you posted is to a different model of RAM.

Ok so now I'm running it at 1.65v in BIOS (results in the voltage being listed as 1.69v in the BIOS HW monitor).
Seems to be working. Although I've got some BSOD's here and there of unknown cause (always different messages). Could be due to the DRAM voltage? Or maybe driver-related since I didn't perform a clean install but migrated my system. Windows didn't complain about the new hardware.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
and
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Memory has been checked okay using Memtest86 (running through all tests).

EDIT: Also, I have had no BSOD after I activated driver validation for all drivers but those from Microsoft, followed by a restart of the system.

Last edited:
Yep, run Memtest again, and if that passes, do a clean install. There's no point in doing a clean install if the memory doesn't check out, since bad memory could just corrupt the new installation.

Back